Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Lost in the America of Teh One


I've always tried to do the right thing.
I have never spent a second in jail.  Was a good student and didn't skip school.
I grew up an Army brat and joined the Army at 17. I served for twenty years and retired from the service.  Honorably discharged.  
I got married and raised my wife's child.  Bought my first house while still in my early thirties.
I never took out an Adjustable Rate Mortgage because I wanted to know I could afford the payments.
I worked full-time and occasionally supplemented that income with side jobs.  I started saving money, little by little, and managed to build up an investment portfolio to take care of myself in my senior years, which are now just around the corner.
I am a hunter and a conservationist.  I own guns not just for hunting but for self-defense.
I learned from my parents and the Army that we all bleed red; I've never discriminated against anyone.
I have helped friends and family members financially and donated to charities and worthy causes.
I've voted in every election since becoming eligible.  I've filed my taxes honestly and on time.
I am an independent, thinking individual who believes in the Constitution and rule of law.
I hold conservative beliefs and am not afraid to voice my opinion.
I believe President Obama and the Democrats (and go-along establishment Republicans) are destroying my country.
Years ago, I would have been considered a model citizen.
Now, in a world gone crazy, I am considered the enemy.


Original version by Tony Lentini (update to reflect my background)